NCI-CONNECT & BTTC Annual Meetings
April 6-7, 2020
NCI SHADY GROVE CAMPUS, ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND
The annual meeting for the NCI-CONNECT (Comprehensive Oncology Network Evaluating Rare CNS Tumors) and BTTC (Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative) will be held on April 6-7, 2020. The BTTC was created in 2003 as a network of medical centers with the expertise and the desire to participate in state-of-the-art clinical trials investigating new treatments for malignant brain tumors. NCI-CONNECT aims to advance the understanding of rare adult central nervous system (CNS) cancers by establishing and fostering patient-advocacy-provider partnerships and networks to improve approaches to care and treatment. The primary organizer of the annual meetings is NCI's Center for Cancer Research, Neuro-Oncology Branch, which serves as the lead institution and coordinating center for NCI-CONNECT and BTTC clinical research studies.
- Register for the meeting by February 28, 2020. REGISTER NOW
- Book your hotel room at the Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center by February 28, 2020. There is a room block reserved for the NCI-CONNECT & BTTC Annual Meetings at $169.00/night for the nights of April 5 and 6. There are a few additional rooms blocked for the night of April 7. *Note that the lodging expenses are the responsibility of the participant. Click here to make a reservation.
Call for Proposals!
- During the annual meeting, the BTTC/NCI-CONNECT principal investigators (PIs) may present new concepts for clinical trials. To propose a study for the BTTC or NCI-CONNECT programs, PIs please complete this Protocol Concept form and return it to Dr. Mark Gilbert by February 28, 2020. Please direct all proposal related questions to Dr. Gilbert (240-760-6023, email@example.com).
- April 6, 2020
- The first day will focus on the NCI-CONNECT program, including discussion of proposed clinical research studies with the NCI-CONNECT PIs, research staff and NCI-CONNECT Partners.
- April 7, 2020
- The second day will focus on the BTTC network, including discussion of current and proposed clinical trials with the BTTC PIs, collaborators, and research staff.
Where: NIH Shady Grove Campus, Terrace Level East (TE), Symposium 110
NCI Shady Grove Campus
9609 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
For questions regarding the meeting information, please contact BTTC Project Manager, Katie Blackburn, and NCI-CONNECT Project Manager, Kathleen Mercure, at firstname.lastname@example.org.