Save the Dates!
The dates for all 12 sessions in the Emerging Approaches for Tumor Analyses in Epidemiological Studies course have been finalized! Please mark them down in your calendar so you can be sure not to miss them.
All sessions begin at 9:30am with a lecture component ending at 10:30am, followed by a practical session starting from 10:45am and ending at 12pm. “Ask a Bioinformatician” help sessions will run for 2 hours from 9:30am to 11:30am.
- Nov. 2, 2022: Introduction to Computing Clusters and Bioinformatics
- Nov. 9, 2022: Public databases
- Nov. 16, 2022: DNA sequencing strategies and quality control
- Nov. 23, 2022: “Ask a Bioinformatician” I
- Jan. 11, 2023: Mutation calling and analysis
- Jan. 18, 2023: Mutational signatures
- Jan. 25, 2023: Structural variant (SV) analysis
- Feb. 1, 2023: “Ask a Bioinformatician” II
- Mar. 8, 2023: Somatic copy number alterations (SCNAs)
- Mar. 15, 2023: Identifying cancer drivers
- Mar. 22, 2023: Tumor evolution
- Mar. 29, 2023: “Ask a Bioinformatician” III
- Apr. 26, 2023: Transcriptome-based study designs
- May 3, 2023: RNA-seq data mining
- May 10, 2023: Data visualization approaches
- May 17, 2023: “Ask a Bioinformatician” IV
A companion website at https://nci-iteb.github.io/tumor_epidemiology_approaches/ containing digital adaptations of the course content will be updated before each session.
Those who participate in all lectures and practical sessions will receive a certificate of completion for the course suitable for your CV/resume.